The modular system makes use of all relevant process signals and data from machine tools. It reacts in real-time after an event occurs. The system captures the measurement data digitally via fieldbus interface or via sensors and then evaluates the data based on multiple criteria and visualizes the processes in a transparent way. Trend or Alarm reports support the users to optimize processes and allow to produce much more efficient.
Besides the above, (big) data are collected and converted into smart data (information) which can be stored locally or on network devices for further evaluations like analysis, trend curves, statistics or reports.
The option Adaptive Control adjusts the programmed feed rate of the cutting cycle, so that the effective power of a tool is as steady as possible. A reduction of cycle time can be the result of this feed rate optimization.
GEM can also control the wear of a brushing tool. The value for lining the tool is calculated and communicated from GEM to the machine control for readjustment of the feed axis.
The modularity of the system is one of the core features needed to adapt the monitoring system to dedicated systems and machines. It is easy to integrate additional function modules, for example for Dynamic Collision Detection (VM-02) or FFT Analysis (VM-01 FFT).
The MultiView process visualization gives an overview about all parallel monitoring processes. Additionally, zooming, back tracing and filtering of different cycles is possible as well.
Via PlugIns (Apps) additional and/or customized functions can be activated, like csv export, trend curves or statistics.
The condition monitoring option shows variations in vibration and torque. An alarm will be performed if the changes are marginal and reaching set limits.
- Up to 24 real-time measuring channels distributed in up to 10 NC Channels (optional)
- Adjusts the alarm levels automatically as possible
- Optimum tool utilization by evaluating the set wear limits (optional)
- Modular structure, scalable system adaptable to most machine types, easy to install on DIN rail
- Additional analytic functionalities, data processing for Industrial Internet of Things surroundings
- Interconnection with other systems
- MultiView and PlugIn-technology to support users to optimize the processes
- Expert Mode for individual adjustments
- Process monitoring including tool breakage, missing, wear (optional), AC (optional), CBM (Machine Condition Based Monitoring, optional) “Fingerprint”
- Repeatable processes -> Mass production machines
- Reliable drive data (DTA) or external sensors
- Utilize as many sensors as there are available, based on machine layout and configuration including respective measuring transducers
- Machine Integration / Control via Profibus, I/O, Profinet, or FOCAS
- Siemens Compile cycles (8 signals) or Synchronous actions (up to 16) including required control release codes
- Fanuc FOCAS Manager with respective release codes plus Fast Ethernet card, or Profibus or IO
- Visualization on Windows OS or on SINUMERIK 840D SL TCU (LINUX)
GEM CPU-02-DP/F: processor unit with Profibus and for FOCAS (FANUC controls)
GEM CPU-02-PN: processor unit with ProfiNET (coming soon)
IO-01: Input / Output Module for parallel wiring
TP-01: True Power module to connect up to 3 hall sensors
FM-01: Force module to connect various ARTIS / MARPOSS Force Sensors
(1 sensor per module)
AM-01: Acoustic Emission module to connect AE Sensors (1 Sensor per Module)
VM-01 FFT: Special Vibration module to connect and Vibration Sensors
(1 sensor per module)
VM-02: Dynamic Machine protection module to connect Vibration Sensors providing exclusive
machine protection but also the signals for Process monitoring (1-3 sensors per module)
TF-01: Torque Module to connect DDU Torque Sensor technology (1 sensor per module)
Via the Ethernet connection, the visualization can be performed on a PC like ARTIS panel IPC7 or IPC10, on any Windows or Linux based PC in the machine or Network