GEMDS is an intelligent stand-alone module for reliably detecting spindle growth/displacement. It is installed on a standard mounting rail in the switch cabinet. All necessary interfaces are available for an easy and perfect integration into existing controls, network environments and Industry 4.0 solutions.
The system consist of an eddy-current sensor, an amplifier and the monitoring module GEMDS. It is able to detect in real-time critical variations (elongation, growth, displacement). Additionally, up to 3 temperature sensors can be connected and monitored by dedicated limits. This directly avoids unnecessary subsequent machining.
GEMDS monitors 4 different sensor signals, one for displacement and 3 for temperature. It can be managed by using 8 different operating scenarios and 5 different static alarms for each scenario (2 for displacement and 3 for the temperature signals).
GEMDS can be operated as a stand-alone solution. The display and control software runs on Windows (Win 7/10) based machine control panels or on Siemens Linux based systems (TCU).
The software can also be installed on 7"/10" industrial PCs from Marposs as well as on any Windows PC (Win 7/10).
As a part of the GENIOR MODULAR product family, GEMDS can be integrated into GENIOR MODULAR monitoring systems for process monitoring purposes. Then, the displacement and temperature signals are usable within the automatic monitoring strategies.
Thus, Marposs offers an extremely flexible solution, which can be adapted to changing needs by adding any GENIOR modules (Operation with GENIOR MODULAR: Interface CAN bus).
- Real-time detection of spindle growth/displacement
- Measuring range 550 μm and precision down to ± 0.2 μm
- Early feedback in case of signals above set limits
- Contactless due to eddy current sensor
- Eight operating scenarios and five different static alarms for each scenario
- Blackbox for alarm recording
- Control cabinet module for standard mounting rails
- Power supply: 24 V DC
- Static I/O-interface
- HMI for Windows (Win 7/10) operating system and on Siemens Linux systems (TCU)
- PC/Linux connection via Ethernet
- Integration into GENIOR MODULAR by CAN-Bus
The system includes the following components:
- DIN rail module GEMDS
- Visualization software (GEMDS VISU)
- Measuring electronics (CS26HF)
- Connecting cable
- Eddy current sensor (CS5IS or CS6IS)
Optional additional component:
- Adjustable support for mounting a CSxIS sensor