Brankamp CMS is a simple but highly effective tool for minimizing damages caused by collisions. Integrated overload systems based on electric components are too slow to avoid damages, as collisions have to be detected during the first milliseconds. Electric fallback systems lie at the end of a chain, consisting of tool, spindle, ball screw and drive. Stopping the drives thus takes up to half a second. The response time of a machine operator lies in the range of a few seconds. CMS reduces the crash detection time to 1 millisecond. Valuable time is gained, the stop command will be executed much quicker.
- Immediate detection of rapid force changes
- Special sensor enables detection of hard and soft collisions
- Minimizing of subsequent damage caused by programming, setup and operating errors
- Extends the machine lifetime
- Increases the machine availability
- Allows multiple machine operation and running machines unattended
- Easy retrofit possible – regardless of machine type and control
- Protection from the very first part: No teach cut required
- Log book storing last 100 events with time and date
- Voltage supply: 24 VDC
- Housing: Sturdy housing for control panel installation
- Dimensions: 182x144x72 mm / 7.16x5.66x2.83 in (WxHxD)
- Dimensions housing: 187x200x72 mm / 7.36x7.87x2.83 in (WxHxD)
- Inside dimensions: 138x67 mm / 5.43x2.63 in (WxH)
- Weight: 1 kg (3 kg incl. housing)
- Sensor: BRANKAMP Special Sensor
CMS works as one channel or two channel system.
Standard layout of Brankamp CMS 1 channel
2nd channel allows monitoring of additional tool carrier (2nd spindle, turret).
CMS Tool Plus and CMS XL Pro with profibus interface (profinet gateway available) enable HMI integrated visualization and tool related limits via fieldbus communication.