Torque and Force Contactless Sensor System
A calibrated measuring system for customer-specific tool holders and special applications in machine parts. Together with a rotor and a stator, the DDU-4 measuring transducer constitutes a sensor system for contactless monitoring of rotating and rigid tool holders. The measuring principle of the cylindrical DDU rotor is based on strain gauge technology. Strain gauges are attached to the tool holder and are firmly connected to it. The rotor continuously measures torque and axial force values simultaneously. Preprocessing of measurement data and tool-breakage monitoring is carried out in the measuring transducer.
DDU-rotor and DDU-stator constitute a sensor system for contact-free monitoring of rotating and rigid tool holders. The measuring principle of the sensor system is based on strain gauge technology. The corresponding electronics for measurement and data transmission are installed in the rotor. The energy supply and the transmission of the measurement data to the attached measuring transducer is carried out inductively via an air gap located between the rotor and the stator (telemetry).
The DDU sensor system can be used stand-alone or in combination with CTM and GENIOR MODULAR monitoring systems.
- Detection of even smallest forces (torque and feed force) on rotating and rigid tool holders
- 3 ranges for vertical force and 3 ranges for torque are calibrated
- Even slight deviations of the forces during tapping, drilling and thread cutting can be detected
- Issues alarms when tool is broken, missing or worn-out (DDU-4 measuring transducer or GEMTF01 module)
- Can be used as a GO / No-GO gauge for post-process measurement
- Used for measuring the contact pressure during friction stir welding and deburring
- Measures process forces in assembly applications
- Strain gauge sensor technology
- Three measuring ranges for torque and three ranges for axial force calibrated and therefore suitable for quality processes (QM)
- For single or multi spindle applications
DDU rotor for customized tool holders or suitable machine elements
DDU stator for energy and data transmission