The use of digital torque information from the machine drives (frequency units) is in most cases sufficient for the process monitoring. Modern CNC machine tools prove this information (in some cases a license is requested). Only in cases of poor resolution or low refresh rate (e.g., where high spindle power is connected with very small tools), DTA should be supported or replaced by a force sensor.
- Easy to activate via release code
- Access to digital torque data via fieldbus like PROFIBUS, PROFINET, ETHERNET (IP)
- Flexible mapping based on the monitoring strategy of a cutting cycle
- Real-time data processing
DTA can be installed on:
- All CTM and Genior Modular (GEM) systems with Profibus, Profinet, and Ethernet (IP)
- DTA works with many CNC controls (e.g, from SIEMENS, FANUC, HEIDENHAIN, MITSUBISHI and MTX BOSCH REXROTH (for data transfer from SIEMENS controls a license is needed)
Additional software or hardware requirements depend on the CNC control and the fieldbus type. In most cases the PLC needs to be adapted to perform the handshake and dedicated data exchange.
DTA options (release code):
- CTM V6: DTA-1-DP/S
- GEM: GEM DTA-DP