GEMRO is an intelligent stand-alone module for reliably detecting tool holder run-out. It is installed on a standard mounting rail in the switch cabinet. All necessary interfaces are available for an easy and perfect integration into existing controls, network environments and Industry 4.0 solutions.
Two different deviation alarms (warning and run-out) are used for tool holder monitoring. The sensor distance indicates the sensor position value. If the sensor is outside the sensor measuring range, tool holder monitoring is not available and the GEMRO will display a position alarm.
The system is able to detect in real-time the presence of chips between the tool holder and the main spindle. This directly avoids unnecessary subsequent machining. Faulty workpieces are not produced. This saves time and costs.
GEMRO thus provides ideal protection against unforeseen machining errors.
GEMRO can be used independently as a stand-alone solution. The display and control software runs on Windows based control panels (Win 7/10) or on Siemens Linux systems (TCU).
The software can also be installed on 7"/10" industrial PCs from Marposs as well as on any Windows PC (Win 7/10). Marposs furthermore offers a completely independent solution with a 4.3" operator panel.
For large machine applications with demand for longer cable length an external pre-amplifier is available.
- Real-time detection of RunOut
- Two different deviation alarms for tool holder monitoring (warning alarm and run-out alarm)
- Positioning alarm when the sensor is not within the predefined sensor measuring range
- Proprietary algorithm for interrupted surface measurement (notched part filtering)
- Measuring time 0.6s with a +2µm repeatability
- Detection of down to 10 μm chips
- Control cabinet module for standard mounting rails
- Power supply: 24 V DC
- Static I/O-interface
- HMI for Windows (Win 7/10) operating system and on Siemens Linux systems (TCU)
- PC connection: Ethernet