The A90K probe line represents a complete range of compact applications based on the following, easy to understand operating principle: At the instant the tool cutting edge comes into contact with the probe, the system generates a highly repeatability signal, which is transmitted to the CNC. The tool measurement, which is generated by processing the signal, is compared with the nominal value that has already been saved in the CNC, in order to determine tool wear and breakage.
All the check and measurement operations are performed during a single phase, which offers the dual advantage of reducing production times and eliminating the risk of damage to the machine resulting from human errors when setting up the tool parameters.
The probes are used for the following checks:
- Tool breakage, in order avoid the risk of damaging the work piece and the machine, and the resulting loss of production time
- Tool length
- Tool wear compensation, in order to optimise working life
- Tool offset calculations, in order to reduce set-up times and eliminate the need to pre-set the tool outside the machine
- Process and quality control
- Reduced cycle times
- Compact design
- Robust build and resistance to coolants
- Immunity to machine vibrations
- Repeatability 1 µm (2σ)
For all technical characteristics, please refer to the table in the DOWNLOAD section
The A90K probes are available in a wide range of versions that differ according to:
- the number of signals they are capable of handling
- the presence of indicator LEDs
- the type of contact (normally open or normally closed)
For more detailed information, consult the General MIDA Catalogue and the A90K Catalogue.