Because of its near infinite working range, the system may be used to check all geometrical shapes typically used in the automotive industry (crankshafts, camshafts, drive shafts) as well as other mechanical components where it is necessary to easure or verify the surface hardness value simply and quickly.
Due to its compact, ergonomic design, the measurement unit can be easily adapted to a wide variety of measurement solutions, including manual loading benches as well as automatic machines.
Traditional applications are normally applied as follows:
- Manual loading benches are positioned close to the hardening machine, so that process control may be carried out immediately, or in the laboratory
- Automatic machines used to check 100% of the production are positioned before the final machining operations
The system performs hardness testing using a conical/diamond penetrator and displays the results in accordance with international standards defined by the Rockwell hardness scale. System versatility allows selection of either the HRA or HRC measurement scales by means of the operator interface.
The part tracing system facilitates testing every type of cylindrical surface, including eccentric components such as crankshaft bearing pins or compressors.
Due to the part reference configuration, it’s possible to test all the following types of components using the same mechanics:
- crankshaft journals, bearing pins, flanges and crankshaft gear wheels
- camshaft journals and camshaft lobes
- all cylindrical surfaces on shafts with two centers of reference
The load applied is monitored constantly by means of a load cell mounted coaxially with the penetrator.
The Marposs E9066 industrial PC provides guided procedures via a simple graphic interface, together with the respective process statistical checks.
- Electromechanically actuated
- Wide range measuring head: up to 130 mm diameter
- Testing of every shaft-like parts (even on multifaceted-milled surfaces)
- Hardness inspection of toothed wheels
- Hardness inspection of Pin bearings over 360°
- E9066 for statistic data collection