- Multisection to guarantee simultaneous checks improving the total inspection time
- Very rugged solution, assuring a high reliability over time
- Ease in handling both for vertical and horizontal operations to perform all operations accurately
- Wireless or cabled connections to satisfy different application requirements
M5 offers a complete solution for manual inspection of bores in the automotive market, particularly to measure engine block bores and cylinder head bores on the shop floor.
The system acquires 2 or 4 contacts for each section simultaneously and elaborates the measure of diameter; by the acquisition of 4 contacts the gauge can also performs the measure of seats concentricity.
The contacts can be supplied choosing between different materials like widia, widia with DLC or diamond.
For horizontal measurements, like crank bore and cam bore, the gauge can be easily supported through balancing arm and the measurement cycle can consider radial and axial steps.
M5 is composed of a standard manual gauge connected directly to a special handle containing the Bluetooth ® transmitter and the power supply Li-Ion inductive rechargeable batteries.
The wireless manual gauge can be used with Marposs E9066™ industrial PCs and Merlin™ embedded gauge
Each manual gauge can be put away easily on its stand charger which assures the inductive recharging of the batteries.
- Max. number of measuring sections : 3
- Max. number of measuring points: 12 (cable) and 7 (wireless)
Crank bore, Cam bore
- Max. number of measuring sections : 7
- Max. number of measuring points: 28 (cable) and 7 (wireless)
Repeatability error* (4σ) : 1µm for L/D** < 15
- * test on 50 samples for diameter measurements with max. temperature variat. = 2°C/h
- ** L= plug length; D= plug diameter
Bluetooth ® wireless techology
Wireless range up to 10 m (3.3 ft)
Working time 36 hours, continuous
Charging time 5-6 hours (2 hours at 80%)
Up to 7 signals manageable