Go - No Go gauges are manual mechanical measuring tools used in production lines to guarantee the machining has taken place and it has been performed correctly.
They differ from each other based on the type of surface check being performed; for example geometry and/or dimension. There are two types:
- plug-shaped for internal round holes
- fork-shaped for external diameters, ring-shaped for external cylindrical holes, with particular shapes for special gauges
They are shaped specifically so the GO gauge passes in the machined area, whilst the NO GO gauge does not.
The most frequently checked parameters are:
- Geometries / Dimensions and depth of the holes
- Geometries / Outside diameters (shafts)
- Length and thickness
- External and internal threads
- Holes and grooved shafts