ELECTRONIC MEASURING SYSTEM FOR PROCESS CONTROL ON GRINDERS AND OTHER MACHINE TOOLS
Part measurement during the machining process allows parameters that affect part quality such as size, shape, surface quality, cycle time and tool wear to be monitored. The change in the measurement during grinding (stock removal speed) is compared with grinding wheel feed rate values and if the check limits are exceeded the P7ME electronic system automatically modifies the machining cycle to optimise the entire process. The machine tool's natural deviation from the required value can be monitored using post process sample measurements which, with suitable statistical processing, supply the data for automatic tool compensation.
The modularity of the P7ME hardware and software allows users to set up the appropriate model for the measuring requirements on any type of machine tool.
The P7ME has fieldbus, serial connections, an interface to view and control the measurement on the CNC screen giving complete integration with the machine controller.
This electronic unit is used with UNIMAR, UNIMAR S, FENAR L, FENAR X S measuring heads and can be equipped with software SW ME and MHIS.
- Real time grinding cycle check without the need for a dedicated unit. Avoids production of reject parts and ensures high quality levels;
- Increased machine efficiency (improved operating time relative to down time);
- Automatic compensation for wear on the grinding wheel or other tools;
- Automatic machine and/or process deviation check;
- Measurement insensitive to environmental conditions (coolant pressure and temperature) and to electromagnetic interference generated by machine power devices.
- Check of external and internal diameters and lengths during grinding cycle;
- Positioning of surfaces to be machined (shoulders, eccentricity, excess material, etc.);
- Check of surfaces and thicknesses during and after grinding;
- Check of bars and other cylindrical parts during centerless grinding;
- Post process control on cutting machines with automatic tool wear compensation.