TBD / TBD HS
NON-CONTACT TOOL BREAKAGE DETECTION SYSTEM
The mass production of mechanical parts requires very short machining times. Therefore a tool check, for guaranteeing high quality products with few rejects, must be carried out rapidly.
In most cases, we can avoid checking for cutting edge wear, but it is essential to check for tool breakage. Failure to perform this check would compromise the machining of parts, resulting in rejects.
The TBD takes less than 1 second to check for breakage on solid body concentric tools such as: drill bits, tapping tools, flat and ball end milling cutters.
- Fast and reliable breakage detection thanks to optimised firmware
- Detection of a wide range of solid body concentric tools
- Easy to install and wire up
- Operating mode selection for minimum detection time
- Works with speeds of rotation from 200 to 5000 rpm (standard version) or from 1000 to 80000 rpm (HS version)
- Reduces rejects and allows unmanned production
Tool presence or breakage detection on:
- Drilling and tapping machines
- Machining centres
- Transfer machines with servo-controlled spindle
- Lathes with motor-driven tools
|Brochure||User's Manual||Installation Manual|