SOFTWARE FOR PROGRAMMING AND DATA COLLECTION FOR E4N COLUMNS
E4N PC-Link Software works in MS-DOS® and Windows® environment and allows E4N programming and measuring data acquisition with a PC via the serial port.
In particular, it allows:
- Off-line remote programming of the control plan (the whole programming data set of a specific application) on a PC without interfering with the function of the E4N local measuring unit; the control plan is stored in dedicated files to be transmittedto the column.
- Local units management, checking and modifying the active control plan on the E4N by means of swift file transfer operation without reprogramming the column. This function is particularly useful with multicolumn measuring stations.
- Data collection on PC of the measurement data coming from each local E4N unit, creating a data base for statistical elaboration.
The Personal Computer on which the E4N PC-LINK software has to be installed must have the following features:
For MS-DOS® environment:
- Computer IBM or compatible (AT or PS/2)
- at least 640 kbytes RAM
- 2 Mbytes of free hard disk space
- 3.5" floppy disk driver
- MDA display adapter or with compatible modalities
- one parallel port
- one serial port
- DOS 3.2 or higher.
- Further to the minimum requirements necessary for Windows® 3.1 or higher, the Computer must be able to run the 386 advanced mode.