ELECTRIC MOTOR ARMATURE INSPECTION
COMMUTATOR PROFILE INSPECTION AND ANALYSIS AFTER TURNING
This system analyzes the commutator contour and calculates geometrical characteristics, after a "filtering" process removes the slots from the original profile.
The bench references the armature shaft on V journals, reproducing the machining condition.
- BAR TO BAR: This is the vertical gap between the two adjacent edges on adjacent bars. All such gaps are calculated and the worst case is displayed. The typical tolerance is 3 µm. Values exceeding the tolerance have a dramatic influence on motor life.
- BAR RISE - DELTA BAR: This is the TIR of each single bar. All the TIR's are calculated and the worst case is displayed. The typical tolerance is 5 µm. The value is related to the lathes tool status and indicates when a new tool is required.
- TIR: This is calculated considering all the bars. The typical tolerance is 10 µm. This value reveals if the shaft is bent and inidicates potential problems with the part assembly process.
- COMMUTATOR DIAMETER: The typical tolerance is 200 µm.
- ROUNDNESS: The typical tolerance is 5 µm.
- Angle between corresponding commutator and stack slots (commutation): This is performed if the stack slots are straight or if the section being inspected is referenced to a face of the shaft.
- Stack TIR.
- Stack diameter.
- Shaft TIR in different sections.
- Bearing shoulder TIR.
The standard bench can check all the armatures in the following range:
- Journal diameter: 3-17 mm (1/8-11/16").
- Commutator diameter: 60 mm (2 3/8") max.
- Stack lamination diameter: 120 mm (3 15/16") max.
- Distance between Journals: 300 mm (11 13/16") max.
- Special range fixtures are available on request.
ADVANTAGES VERSUS TRADITIONAL MEASURING SYSTEMS
- Repetitive results, because the algorithms are always the same.
- The measuring process is reproducible, because it is not influenced by the operator's judgment.
- The measurements are obtained individually, by allowing the customer to tune the filtering parameters for every part number in an easy and clear manner.
- The modular design allows for the implementation of subsequent standard options.
- The self learning retooling option is a great advantage where the unit is used to randomly measure a wide range of parts.
- Software upgrades may be downloaded on-line by customers using their individual password.
- Worldwide service support availability.
- Post-process features available.
- Connectivity for use of network utilities for data transfer, printing etc.
- Collected measurement data can be transferred in QS-stat or Excel format for customized reporting.
- It is possible to check the comprehensive system performance in a scientific manner using a master with shape errors (that is normally supplied with the bench).
- This measurement system exploits the experience gained on a wide range of products supplied to all the main manufacturers worldwide. This experience provides for a strong knowledge base and allows product features to grow according to common needs.
- For the above mentioned reasons, the product is a recognized standard in its field.
- A fixture version is available, suitable for applications with pick and place devices or robot loading