Marposs Corporation, a leading global producer of electronic measuring equipment, has an opening for an Electrical Engineer. This individual will develop, design and verify electrical equipment and systems, applying principles and techniques of electrical engineering.
Designs electrical control equipment, products and systems for industrial purposes. Design may include hardware and/or software components for either instrumentation or control systems. The final product typically involves gauging as one if not the primary function.
The routine duties include review of assigned job file for errors, specify required components, create bill of materials, define I/O definitions, develop I/O timing diagrams, develop application software, perform design reviews, output engineering for build, update documentation as required and file documentation per procedures. Engineer reports their daily labor hours per established procedures. Specialization on a certain product line is to be expected. Engineer performs other duties as assigned.
- May support Sales, Proposal, Order Processing, Final Check, Repair, Service and Training Departments
- May support OEM customers and distributors
- May attend trade shows; May attend off-site training classes; May drive a vehicle on company business;
- Develops new product features or functionality based on marketing directives
- This position requires a 4-year EE Bachelor degree
- Experience: 2 to 5 years of experience with industrial controls
- Knowledge and application experience with NFPA79, UL508A, CE & IEC statutory & regulatory standards
- Experience with Siemens S7-300 & S7-1200 controllers to program PLC & HMI applications
- Experience with Allen-Bradley CompactLogix L2 controllers to program PLC & HMI applications
- Knowledge and experience with GM, Ford, FCA control specs.
- AutoCAD knowledge & experience with hardware control designs
- Gauging experience desirable but not necessary
Compensation and benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a company match on your 401(k) contribution