On assembly lines it is often necessary to guarantee very strict tolerances. Instead of manufacturing components with tight tolerances (which would significantly affect cost), it is convenient to make components with wider tolerances and match them selectively, interposing selected calibrated elements.
Marposs makes manual and automatic measuring stations, complete with handling system when required, and can be a prime contractor by supplying complete turn-key lines.
Examples of solutions are:
- engine head assembly with calibrated shims interposed between cam and valve
- gear case assembly, with determination of calibrated spacers to obtain the correct preloads on conical bearings
- differential case assembly, with interposition of calibrated spacing rings to create the correct operating conditions of the gears
- counter-rotating balancing shafts assembly, to obtain the correct conditions of meshing between countershaft and crankshaft
- rotary compressor assembly for air conditioners
Other solutions may be supplied in simultaneous engineering to meet your requirements.